Glympse 22.214.171.124 for Windows Phone
A Free Social App
Published By Glympse
Glympse is the easiest way to safely share your location with someone in real time. No sign-up needed and no new social network to manage. Recipients ... Read More > or Download Now >
Glympse for Windows Phone
- • Version: 126.96.36.199
- • Price: 0
- • Content Rating: Not Rated
- • Requirements: Windows Phone 8.1, Windows Phone 8, Windows Phone 7.5
- • File Name: Glympse.XAP
- • Rating Average:
- 4 out of 5
- • Rating Users:
- • Total Downloads:
- • Current Version Downloads:
- • Updated: August 19, 2014
More About Glympse
Glympse is the easiest way to safely share your location with someone in real time. No sign-up needed and no new social network to manage. Recipients receive a link allowing them to view your ETA and location in real-time for the length of time you choose.
When the timer on your Glympse expires, your location is no longer visible. Best of all, recipients do not need any special software to view a Glympse. Send a Glympse via SMS, email, or paste a link, and recipients can view it using any web-enabled device.
-- Awards & Press --
* "[Glympse] is one of those apps that's ingenious in its simplicity, insanely handy to have around, and just a little bit fun to boot." -CNET Reviews
* "Glympse: The Coolest Thing Your Smartphone Can Do" -Fast Company
* Named one of "15 Best Mobile Apps of 2011" -Mashable
* Easy: no sign-up required or friend lists to manage
* Safe: your Glympse automatically expires
* Live: share location in real-time
* Open: share with anyone - no app required to view
* Passive: runs in the background
* Global: works anywhere you have GPS and a data connection
Use Glympse to:
* coordinate a night out with friends
* let your spouse know when you'll be home from work
* negotiate an extra hour of curfew with your parents
* make sure a loved one knows you are safe while running or cycling
* find family members at a theme park
* provide a courtesy notice & ETA to a client when you are stuck in traffic
* share a charity run with followers on Facebook or Twitter
* direct emergency personnel to you quickly
New in recent updates:
Background operation - Glympse will now be able to run in the background. This enables users to share their location continually, for the amount of time set, while using other applications and without having to update settings to allow permission for Glympse to run while the screen is off.
International phone number support - Glympse now leverages the default messaging app on the device to allow users to share their location with any phone number supported by their carrier.
Easier view-in-app capability - Viewers can now easily launch and view a Glympse in the app from a link received in a text message or email through the "View in App" button in the Glympse web-viewer.
Description of update:
New - Added ability to Pin a Glympse shortcut as a Tile to Start
New - Multiple SMS recipients get delivered individual invite codes -- requires you to send multiple messages!
New - "Prompt to stop Glympse" on arrival at destination option now re-prompts you to stop when opening the app, if you missed the Notification Toast earlier on.
Fix - Pressing OK too quickly on Confirmation page no longer interrupts sending SMS invites.
Fix - Editing a shortcut or re-sending an expired Glympse now allows removal of recipients.
Fix - Map tile in the app's main screen now updates viewer-counts more frequently when you have an active Glympse
Fix - International users should no longer have data loss issues involving shortcuts or destinations.
Fix - International users should no longer crash when using the destination picker.
Fix - Setting distant destinations should no longer crash.
Fix - Several cases where attempting to resume using the app (after tombstone) should no longer crash.
More Apps to Consider (Similar or Related)