About: View animated GIFs in your Picture library. Ever receive GIFs in pxts or emails? Or save from Internet Explorer? Windows Phone by default can't display these when animated.This app ... Read More > or Install Now >
GIF Viewer App / Specifications
- • Version: 18.104.22.168
- • Price: Free
- • Content rating: None
- • Requirements: Windows Phone 8.1
- • File name: gif-viewer.xap
- • Rating average
- 3.7 out of 5
- • Rating users
- • Total downloads
- • Current version downloads
- • Added: July 6, 2016
GIF Viewer / Screenshots
GIF Viewer / Description
View animated GIFs in your Picture library.
Ever receive GIFs in pxts or emails? Or save from Internet Explorer? Windows Phone by default can't display these when animated.
This app lets you browse all GIFs on your phone and view them.
To create GIF files from videos on your phone, search for the "Video 2 Gif" app.
Sorry, you can't share from the app as .gif as Microsoft has disabled this unfortunately. Same goes for setting lock screen and tiles :(
If you find any bugs or issues please email me at the support address rather than leaving a bad review and I will fix!
- Moved MP4 rendering to separate page and fixed bugs
- Launch from photo viewer
- Improved handling of large files on low memory devices
- Added prompt for number of loops mp4
- Added ability to import from Onedrive
- Increased thumbnail sizes on browser page
- Added ability to save/share as .mp4 for WP8.1
- Stability improvements
- UI enhancements
- Improved error reporting
- UI enhancements
- Added ability to single-step through frames.
- Added ability to save current frame to Saved Pictures.
- Better error handling for bad .gif files.
- Added pan and zoom, plus pause/play controls
- Handle bad gif files crashing entire app on front page.
- Fixed bug in gif decoder that prevented some files from playing correctly
- Fixed bug where after removing ads, ads still show on animation screen.
- Added help/about page
- Removed delay while GIFs load before viewable, now load while playing.
- Fixed memory bugs, can now play large GIF files even on 512MB devices.
- Added ability to use flick gesture to browse GIFs
- Fixed GIF framerate bug