Background Designer 184.108.40.206 XAP for Windows Phone
Free Productivity app
App development stopped! But you can still try and use it. Works actually great at this stage.There may be a new version of this app in the future, but that's not sure.* please read first ** watch short ... Read More > or Install Now >
Background Designer App / Specifications
- • Version: 220.127.116.11
- • Price: Free
- • Content rating: None
- • Requirements: Windows Phone 8.1, Windows Phone 8
- • File name: background-designer.xap
- • Rating average
- 3.9 out of 5
- • Rating users
- • Total downloads
- • Current version downloads
- • Added: September 1, 2016
Background Designer / Screenshots
Background Designer / Description
App development stopped! But you can still try and use it. Works actually great at this stage.
There may be a new version of this app in the future, but that's not sure.
* please read first *
* watch short demo video *
This app is no collection of ready to use backgrounds. It's a tool to help you create your own background pictures.
Furthermore this is no click-n-go app. You must invest some time to find the perfect settings!
You can use these background pictures for your lock screen back ground and for your Windows Phone 8.1 start screen background.
WP8.0: lock screen background ONLY!
WP8.1: lock screen background AND start screen background!
Official Windows Phone 8.1 update is expected for summer 2014!
- you start directly in preview mode
- you have two buttons in the app bar (Editor and Save)
- tap the left button (Editor) to go to editor mode
Save background picture:
- While in "Editor"-mode you can switch back to "Preview"-mode any time you want by simply tapping the BACK KEY on your Windows Phone.
- press "Save" in the app bar; await the toast confirmation
- pictures are saved to your gallery (photo hub)
Using the Editor:
- this editor works with two layers, one background base layer ("Bases") and one overlay layer ("Overlays")
- choose "Color" or "Picture"
- if in "Color" you can change on top right the color mode from solid to gradient.
- if in "Picture" tap the "Choose Picture" button
- tap the box on the middle left (underneath the small preview) and choose "Overlays"
- choose the design you want from the lists
- on top right you have important settings you need to play around with a bit, just change the blend mode and effect level
- tapping the gear wheels on the middle right opens the overlay settings for scaling, moving and rotating
- a picture from gallery as overlay will not be cropped! you have to move and scale it for perfect fit
More designs and options coming with upcoming frequent updates, so stay tuned ;-)
If you have any questions please you the in app contact form
About > Contact