Oxford Dictionary of English 188.8.131.52 AppX for Windows Phone
Free Books & Reference app
The leading single-volume English dictionary, the Oxford Dictionary of English is the foremost authority on current English usage.Offers the most comprehensive coverage of English from around the ... Read More > or Install Now >
Oxford Dictionary of English App / Specifications
- • Version: 184.108.40.206
- • Price: Free
- • Content rating: None
- • Requirements: Windows Phone 8.1
- • File name: oxford-dictionary-of-english.appx
- • Rating average
- 0 out of 5
- • Rating users
- • Total downloads
- • Current version downloads
- • Added: June 21, 2016
Oxford Dictionary of English / Screenshots
Oxford Dictionary of English / Description
The leading single-volume English dictionary, the Oxford Dictionary of English is the foremost authority on current English usage.
Offers the most comprehensive coverage of English from around the world
Completely revised and updated to include the very latest vocabulary, with over 350,000 words, phrases, and meanings
Thousands of words and senses derived from the latest research from the Oxford English Corpus, giving the most complete and accurate picture of the English language today
About 75,000 audio pronunciations of both common and rare words, doubled with both British & American voice versions, including words with controversial pronunciation or with variant pronunciations
This edition includes thousands of brand-new words and senses, as well as up-to-date encyclopedic information.
Readership: Ideal for anyone who needs a comprehensive and authoritative dictionary of current English; for professionals, students, academics, and for use at work or at home.
A SEARCH TOOL
Featuring autocomplete search to help you find words quickly by seeing search predictions that might be similar to the search terms you're typing. The search also allows various search options as:
* A quick search of words while you type
* A ‘fuzzy filter’ when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
* A ‘keyword’ search for finding key words within compound words
* A wild card search function ('*' or '?') which can replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
A LEARNING TOOL
The dictionary app includes a number of features which help you to grow your vocabulary further:
* A ‘Favorites’ feature allows you to create your own categories and lists of words from the extensive library, which includes all cross-curriculum words
* History list to help you easily review the last visited words.
* Discover more about language with the special language notes
* See words in context with example sentences
A mobile dictionary application from MobiSystems with content from Oxford University Press.