Simple yet powerful app that shows amazing real-time hi-def animated weather radar images in vivid color on a highly responsive interactive map, along with ... Read More > or Download Now >
NOAA Hi-Def Radar for Windows Phone
- • Version: 18.104.22.168
- • Price: $1.99
- • Content Rating: Not Rated
- • Requirements: Windows Phone 8.1
- • File Name: NOAA-Hi-Def-Radar.APPX
- • Rating Average:
- 4.1 out of 5
- • Rating Users:
More About NOAA Hi-Def Radar
Simple yet powerful app that shows amazing real-time hi-def animated weather radar images in vivid color on a highly responsive interactive map, along with weather forecast and snowfall on the same map.
* This is the only app that automatically augments land-based radar images with latest images from NOAA satellites covering the Atlantic/Pacific oceans into one single screen. This lets you track and follow the upcoming hurricanes and storms all from the same map.
* This is the only app that allows *you* to control the loop speed, and also choose the interval between individual frames from 5 minutes all the way to 1 hr, and also change the number of frames shown in animation.
* Easily bookmark multiple locations so you can do a quick radar + forecast check for all your important places in just a few seconds.
- Install and go, no complex setup
- Sharp images
- Choose between Radar layer for rain or Cloud Coverage layer.
- Check the current weather + forecast for any point on the map
- Fast Loading
- Near real-time, shows the latest radar images within minutes of being gathered.
- Bookmark multiple locations for quick access
- Intuitive Play/pause/manual modes for moving between frames.
- See images from up to 6 hours ago by increasing frame interval and number of frames to maximum
- Supports Portrait and Landscape modes
- Get fast support from within the app
Coverage Notes: If you live in a very-high-altitude town in Colorado (e.g. Fraser, Vail, Aspen), most likely this app will not meet your needs since radar beams get blocked by the tall mountains. Alaska coverage includes only the southern coastal areas, and does not include the Aleutian Chain. Also cloud coverage does not include Alaska and Guam.
- This app is only useful for users in the US, including all 50 states and territories including Puerto Rico and Guam.
Please follow our twitter stream at http://twitter.com/weathersphere for news and updates.
- Note*: Anyone experiencing an issue regarding expired credentials, this issue is now fixed.
- You asked and we answered! Live Tile support for medium and wide tiles. Users have the ability to track their current location or their home location from live tile. This can be changed in settings
- Manually update the live tile display from the settings screen.
- New weather layer displaying color coded alert polygons on the map. This feature can be turned on/off just like the aerial view option. Tapping inside a polygon will bring up the National Weather Service alert information for that location.
- Improved weather radar rendering
- Updated design of locations screen.
- Locations screen now indicates the home location for the user
- "Get Maps Address" button on the New Location screen now works without issue
- Various other bug fixes and improvements
More Apps to Consider (Similar or Related)